Scalable Cloud Data Management Workshop 2013
Co-located with the IEEE BigData Conference. Silicon Valley, October 6th 2013.Call for Papers
We solicit research on novel database designs and their distribution and storage mechanisms (NoSQL, NewSQL, Database-as-a-Service) as well as scalable data and data-processing services. The application side of cloud databases is equally important, as it might impose new programming models, APIs and web-enabled interfaces. The workshop will bring together cloud computing, data architectures and data-related services from the perspective of scalability and hopes for your contribution to this exciting new field.
August 20, 2013: Extended and final deadline for paper submissions
August 30, 2013: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
September 10, 2013: Camera-ready of accepted papers
October 6, 2013: SCDM 2013 Workshop
The workshop covers several modern topics related to cloud computing, NoSQL, scalability, services and databases:
- Database as a Service, Multi-tenancy
- Elasticity and Scalability for Cloud Data Management Systems
- New Protocols, Service Interfaces and Data Models for Cloud Databases
- Polyglot Persistence, NoSQL, Schemaless Data Modeling, Integration
- Data-Centric Web-Services, RESTful Data Services
- Database Architectures for Mobile and Web Clients
- Content Delivery Networks, Caching, Load-Balancing, Web-scale workloads
- Virtualization for Cloud databases, Storage Structures and Indexing
- Frameworks and Systems for Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Scalable Machine Learning, Analytics and Data Science
- Resource and Workload Management in Cloud Databases
- Tunable and Eventual Consistency, Latency
- High Availability, Reliability, Failover
- Transactional Models for Cloud Databases
- Query Languages and Processing, Programming Models
- Consistency, Replication and Partitioning
- CAP, Data Structures and Algorithms for Eventually Consistent Stores
PublicationAll papers accepted will be included in the Workshop Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press.
Schedule and Program
We created the exciting program and schedule for the SCDM workshop.
We granted a last extension to August 20. Given the short time frames imposed by the publication process, we will directly assign submissions for reviews as soon as they come in.
The final call has been published. Papers can be submitted until July 31 (exact local time displayed in the submission system). We look forward to many great submissions.
We are proud to announce the SCDM 2013 Program Committee of most renowned experts of the field.
Website and Submission Site Online
This website is available at http://scdm2013.com to provide details about the call for papers, the submission process and the workshop organization. The agenda and travel information will follow once the submission phase is finished.
Timeline of Important Dates
There now is a graphical timeline which will always contain all dates related to this workshop like submission deadline or workshop date and time.